Ranger John Francis Smith, better known as simply Ranger Smith, is the head park ranger of Jellystone Park. Most of his problems come from having to prevent Yogi Bear routinely stealing visitors' picnic baskets.
Ranger Smith is a Caucasian male, with black hair, and a bulbous nose.
Insert details here.
Yogi Bear (film)
Insert details here
- Ranger Smith has appeared in some episodes of Yogi's Gang. In those appearances, he is seen with blond hair instead of black.
- Ranger Smith was a supporting character in Yogi's Treasure Hunt.
- Ranger Smith appeared only once (Quebec/Baghdad) in Scooby's Laff-A-Lympics.
- Ranger Smith made a guest cameo in "The Story Stick" from A Pup Named Scooby-Doo.
- In Yo Yogi!, Ranger Smith is shown as Officer Smith (voiced by Greg Burson) who is a security guard at Jellystone Mall and would often be the one who arrests the bad guys upon their defeat.
- Ranger Smith appeared in two television films which were part of the Hanna-Barbera Superstars 10 series:
- Yogi's Great Escape (1987)
- Yogi and the Invasion of the Space Bears (1988)
- Ranger Smith has become a starring character in parody shorts produced by the now-defunct animation company Spümcø including Boo Boo Runs Wild, A Day in the Life of Ranger Smith, and Boo Boo and the Man. In those appearances, Ranger Smith was voiced by Corey Burton.
- Various designs for Ranger Smith made non-speaking appearances in the Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law episode "Identity Theft", referencing the noticeable inconsistencies the design experienced in the original cartoon.
- Ranger Smith appeared in the Robot Chicken episode "President Evil" voiced by Seth Green. In a movie trailer segment that featured Yogi and Boo Boo, Ranger Smith tells the sheriff that the cops won't catch Yogi since he's smarter than the average bear.
- Ranger Smith appears in the Yogi Bear feature film that was released December 17, 2010. He is portrayed by actor Tom Cavanagh. In this film, Ranger Smith learns that Jellystone is being shut down by Franklin City's Mayor R. Brown and he tries to avoid this with a firework celebration during the 100th anniversary that is accidentally ruined by Yogi and Ranger Smith is sent to a fake patch of land. However, this does not to stop him from helping Yogi and Boo Boo stop Mayor R. Brown from cutting down all the trees and revealing the rare frog-mouthed turtle that lived in Jellystone which Boo Boo kept as a pet.
- Ranger Smith can be briefly spotted in a Metlife commercial that aired in 2012.